An Post was becoming increasingly irrelevant to young Irish people – a key segment for the brand, both now and the future. We also needed to live up to a new brand purpose, “to improve quality of life now and for generations to come”.
Our Irish Book Awards sponsorship gave us the unique opportunity to engage young people while living our brand purpose.
- We selected purpose driven partners to collaborate with including Children’s Books Ireland, National Adult Literacy Agency and Book Selling Ireland. Activations included a series of virtual workshops, events, reading guides and editorial created with authors and partners.
- We launched a digital destination at anpost.com/readerswanted. The hub became the nucleus for the sponsorship all year round with all digital traffic directed here. This allowed us to track and re-target all users who engaged with content on the reading hub.
- We launched a series of activations to support the book industry including a social driven competition that got people into bookshops and a brand-new category at the awards ‘Bookshop of the Year’.
- 16,000+ votes cast at anpost.com/readerswanted, an increase of 2071% YOY
- 100,000 page views at anpost.com/readerswanted
- 263% increase in engagement across digital
- 1080% increase in video completions across social
- 76% reduction in cost per result on social, and 20% on display
- Engaged audience of 2million across digital
All reinforcing An Post’s brand purpose and leaving a mark we’re proud of.