Kick-off for a visionary partnership: Together with the Swiss Football Association, AXA Switzerland wants to take women’s football to the next level. Since the Swiss women’s football league was founded over 50 years ago, there has never been a league sponsor. AXA has taken the historic step of becoming the first partner of Switzerland’s top women’s football league, now called “AXA Women’s Super League (AWSL)”. The insurance company stands for diversity as well as equality and it encourages female players to believe in themselves, even in a sport dominated by men. By generating more attention for them at national as well as regional level.
With our sponsorship we want to:
- Disprove prejudices against women’s football and create more awareness for it.
- Encourage female football players, but also women in sport in general, to believe in themselves and their goals.
- Anchor our brand promise “Know You Can” with all stakeholders and ensure the connection to the AXA brand.
- Increase awareness of our commitment as the league sponsor.
- Increase associations with our brand with a focus on “engaged, “progressive” and “likeable”.
- Strengthen our image and contribute to our brand preference
- Inspire our employees and sales force to promote and support women’s football in all regions of Switzerland.
In addition to the value for both women’s football (more visibility, recognition, sponsorships) and AXA (first mover statement, authentic brand fit, experienceable brand activation), we are making a positive contribution to the transformation of our society.