In February BT announced the most ambitious and transformational sponsorship strategy in UK football, in a ‘4-3-3’ formation:
4 – Home Nation FA’s (England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland)
3 – Focus areas most in need of support (Grassroots, Women’s & Para/Disability football)
3 – Commitments to make a meaningful difference & leave a lasting legacy in each area
BT are committed to changing the lives of millions across the UK through the power of football, connectivity, digital skills and innovation.
– Enacting BT’s brand purpose ‘We Connect For Good’
– Helping BT digitally up-skill 10M people
– Fulfilling 4-3-3 commitments (above)
– Staff engagement
– Driving positive brand perception, re-appraisal and purchase consideration
– When the UK went into lockdown, BT recognised this was a moment to step up, not back. We adapted activation to support the UK public and continue delivering on our promises.
– Delivering free connectivity to grassroots clubs across the 4 Home Nations
– Supporting parents with home-schooling resources in lockdown
– Rewarding children of key workers still attending school
– Up-skilling young people not in employment, education or training
– Creating unique football content
– Launching a pioneering entry-level course to create more football volunteers
– Inspiring & uniting staff to be part of the journey
– Preparing to champion women’s & Para football
In year 1 we’ve supported millions in lockdown, enrolled 13K volunteers (including staff), connected 60 clubs, established opinion that BT is positively impacting football & overtaken Sky in brand positivity & switch consideration… and we’re just getting started.