Tottenham Hotspur’s match day mascots programme, presented by Kumho Tyre, is the Club’s flagship engagement initiative for junior members and fans. The constraints around playing matches behind closed doors prevented the Club from delivering a physical mascot experience and we wanted to be the first and only Premier League Club to deliver a wholly virtual experience.
– To deliver an outstanding virtual experience
– To drive awareness and exposure of Kumho Tyre
– To generate positive sentiment towards the Club and partner
The Club and Kumho pivoted towards a digital delivery of the mascot programme in the wake of the pandemic. A unique experience was created, and mascots received a gift pack from the Club inviting them to become a virtual mascot. We implemented an innovative virtual journey that used the stadium technology and the Club’s digital platforms to ensure that mascots were central to the action. This included introducing the mascots to our fans ahead of each match by profiling them on the Club’s popular live stream, N17 Live, as well as on the stadium’s giant screens. We also used the profile of our players to drive awareness through surprise messages to some of the Club’s young fans who had suffered most during the pandemic.
– Over 6m reach / impressions on social media
– 48% prompted recall of Kumho as a Club partner and 92% awareness of its products
– 44% of fans hold Kumho in a high regard or an extremely high regard
– 59% of fans are more favourable to Club partner brands.