ESA will unify, strengthen and advance the business of sponsorship in Europe by being the pre-eminent organisation that builds understanding, value, and demand for sponsorship across Europe. It seeks to achieve this through its Mission and Objectives:
- Setting Standards – Identifying and promoting responsible best practice and self-regulation.
- Improving – Advancing sponsorship competencies, practice and knowledge.
- Promoting – Being an advocate for sponsorship and promoting its importance, values and ethics.
- Supporting – Being an essential resource for sponsorship information, education/training and relationships.
- Engaging – Acting as the advocate, manager and authority on key policy issues at national government and pan-European level.
- Benefiting – Encouraging the role of sponsorship to make a contribution to society.
- To drive the sponsorship industry forward in Europe by being the authoritative voice of sponsorship in Europe.
- To increase membership across Europe to provide a broad representation reflecting the sizes of the national sponsorship markets.
- To provide a platform for networking and a range of educational and informative activities.
- Develop revenue to fund further events.