Action Now is FK Bodø/Glimt’s sustainability initiative, a meeting place and a communications platform for future sustainable solutions. The program is based on the UN’s sustainability goals (UNSDGs), and Glimt is committed to contributing to a positive development of the environment and society around us, local, national and global. Action Now spreads knowledge about the UNDSDGs, inspires local communities, and encourages action.
Action Now aims to be a safe space for people who want to create tomorrow’s solutions. By encouraging the private business community, public authorities and non-governmental organizations to live the essence of UNSDG 17: Partnerships for the goals: forego exclusivity and work together with competitors, as well as new and old collaborators. Because unless we collaborate, we will not create the grassroots movement that the UNSDGs require.
Our club program consists of 5 pillars:
- Sustainability Ambassadors: Our 8 sustainability ambassadors help inspire the local/regional community. They stand together behind our Action Now logo on the back of our shirt.
- Our Kits and Storytelling: A football club’s kit is their most powerful symbol. At Glimt, every kit tells a story.
- Networks: We work with NGOs, the business community and public institutions to create Action Now on a larger scale.
- Gameday Partnerships: Focuses on a specific UN SDG, and what the matchday partner – whether commercial actor or NGO – does to help society reach the goal
- Academy Activity: Develop good people, as well as good football players. That’s why our academy also partake in Action Now!