Why do companies join ESA?
Membership raises awareness not only amongst members, but also throughout the wider sponsorship related community.
- ESA is the go-to resource for agencies, brands and rights holders when looking for potential partners
- For the ability to contact members directly through the member-only section of our website
- To add extra credibility to your work through association and affiliation
- To create more opportunities through networking
- To use our ESA logo, which can be utilised to add credibility to your own market and showcase your best practice
- To enjoy discounts on ESA events such as Awards entry and ceremony tickets, as well as sponsorship qualifications
- To gain access to ESA’s exclusive series of round tables – an ongoing member-only event series bringing together industry leaders for frank conversations focused on common challenges and problem solving
- To access world-class case studies so that you and your team can continually improve and see what others are doing.
ESA membership has allowed McDonald’s to gain further insight into the sponsorship industry through best practice guides, legislative updates and the ability to network with others from across the industry at ESA’s many events. Being a member also shows our support for the sponsorship industry.”
Tom Barnsley, Senior Sports Sponsorship Manager, McDonald’s
Why become an ESA member?
Being an ESA member means you are part of an active sponsorship community and share our goal of raising standards and building professionalism within the industry – being the ‘best in class’.
With over 10 years’ ESA membership already under our belt, MediaCom has found ESA Events to be an invaluable source of information for trends and best practice, and a great arena in which to network. The ESA Awards has allowed MediaCom to showcase our most recent sponsorship campaigns across Europe, plus our involvement with ESA’s Media Group enables us to meet up quarterly and openly discuss new media sponsorship concepts.”
Misha Sher, Worldwide VP, MediaCom
The Value of ESA Membership
- Providing networking opportunities with other people involved in the sponsorship industry through regular events (free for members) and sharing the contact details of our members
- Contributing to the industry through participating in ESA working groups – and getting to know members better
- Delivering inspirational sponsorship marketing content
- Promoting the great work our members do through our ‘Member Spotlight’ features
- Saving money with member benefits – discounts off conferences, online learning, books, events
- #ESAwebinars and ESA Breakfast events are free for members to attend (and recorded for members where possible) – see our Events page for further details
- Keeping abreast of all the important issues facing the sponsorship industry
- Communicating regularly with the latest ESA and industry news
- Featuring member news freely on our ESA website
- Raising standards and promoting professional development through our education and training opportunities – ESA events, ESA Diploma, ESA Sponsorship Sales Certificate and ESA Leaders Programme
- Providing specialist sponsorship information, case studies, research and evaluation exclusively for members
- Promoting sponsorship as a career option and providing guidance to enable members to post jobs and work placements freely on our Careers web page
- Providing an opportunity for you to showcase your best work through our ESA Awards
- Nurturing the industry and helping everyone’s business to improve
- Sharing the ESA logo for our members to show they belong and are committed to professionalism.
We’ve worked closely with ESA for the past eight years, and Sport England is a staunch advocate of ESA’s educational side of the business, sponsoring the ESA Diploma since its 2012 launch. We look forward to being involved with ESA qualifications for many years to come.
Scott Radcliffe, Head of Partnerships, Sport England